AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
WHERE THIS POSITION IS LOCATED:
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience of software techniques, principles, tools, and systems as applied to manufacturing data collection and automation environments
• Demonstrated ability to meet project budgets and scope.
• Demonstrated ability to work in small teams meeting technical project deliverables and working with experienced resources for assigned project work scopes.
• Performs the technical work scope for projects, and provides accurate status reporting of same to technical leadership and project management.
• Responsible to enhance personal technical skills by working with experienced team members.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
Basic and Mandatory Qualifications:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Requires a minimum of 5 years related experience in software project delivery in manufacturing environments.
• Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• Experience with general manufacturing principals
• Experience with industrial data collection and network protocols (OPC, MQTT & Mosquitto, Modbus, EtherNet/IP, etc.)
• Basic familiarity with industrial control systems such as PLCs, RTUs, HMIs, etc.
• Experience with Data Historians, such as PI or Aspen IP21
• Experience with SCADA and/or MES systems (such as CAMSTAR, Proficy, Inductive Automation Ignition)
• Experience with software development in a .Net environment (Visual Studio, C# and PowerShell)
• Experience and understanding of industrial/ICS system architectures and models such as ISA-95 and the Purdue Model
• Familiarity with cloud architectures as they apply to manufacturing and industrial data collection (AWS IOT Greengrass, Azure IOT Hub, or Google IOT Core)
Technical knowledge around software development
• Interprets customer needs and converts them to system requirements
• Understands core programming (computer storage, data types, error handling)
• Understands computer decision structures; Identify the appropriate method for handling repetition
• Understands object-oriented programming (fundamentals of classes, inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation)
• Understands application life cycle management, algorithms, and data structures
• Understands web services, console-based applications, and relational database systems
• Understands database query methods and connection methods
• Executes functional test plans and unit testing
Technical knowledge around relational database systems
• Understands core database concepts (how data is stored in tables, relational database concepts, data manipulation language [DML], data definition language [DDL])
• Understand data types, what data type should be used in specific applications, and how they affect storage requirements
• Understands tables and how to create them (purpose of tables; create tables in a database by using proper ANSI SQL syntax)
• Understand stored procedures, triggers and DB functions
• Demonstrated ability to manipulate data (select, insert, update, and delete data), create views, understand different types of joins
• Understands data storage (normalization, the reasons for normalization, how to normalize a database, clustered, and non-clustered indexes)
• Understands the need to secure a database, what objects can be secured, what objects should be secured, user accounts, and roles
• Understand the basics of database performance tuning and the use of indexes (Explain plans, indexing)
• Understands various backup types, such as full and incremental, importance of backups, how to restore a database
• Familiarity with DB development tools for MS-SQL or Oracle environments (such as SSMS, TOAD, etc.)
Technical knowledge around systems and networking:
• Understanding the basics of TCP/IP connectivity and addressing, CIDR, NAT, and routing and understanding the basics of DNS and DNS record types
• Understanding of network segmentation techniques used in industrial networks, VLANs, private networks, bastion hosts
• Basic understanding of industrial network security, the ability to understand firewall policies, familiarity with zones and conduits, and industrial DMZs.
• The ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues with tools such as: ping, tracert, nslookup, netcat, curl, PCAPs
• Basic understand of virtual machines and container environments (ideally VMware, MS HyperV, Docker)
• Awareness of high availability architectures such as clustering or NLB