AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Fortune 500 manufacturing and technology organization with significant investment in R&D and Innovation
- Rich history with over 150 years of significant growth and innovation
- Expanding global footprint in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia
- Industry leader within all 8 divisions and leader in each
- Known for growing talent internally and promoting internally
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Culture: Highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Growth: Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Opportunity: Ability to drive change within organization with a focus on process improvement
- Stability: Strong executive leadership team investing in its talent and elevating the global footprint
WHERE THIS POSITION IS LOCATED:
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
The IIoT Technical Engineer is responsible for deployment of software IIOT applications in the manufacturing space while working in a team-based project.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge and experience of software techniques and principles. Demonstrates ability to meet project budgets and scope.
- Demonstrates team player by meeting technical project deliverables and working with experienced resources for assigned project work scopes.
- Performs the technical work scope for projects and provides accurate status reporting of same to technical leadership and project management.
- Responsible to enhance personal technical skills by working with experienced team members.
Development Technical Knowledge
- Interprets customer needs and converts them to system requirements
- Understands core programming (computer storage, data types, error handling)
- Understands computer decision structures; Identify the appropriate method for handling repetition
- Understands object-oriented programming (fundamentals of classes, inheritance, polymorphism, encapsulation)
- Understands application life cycle management, algorithms, and data structures
- Understands web services, console-based applications, and relational database management systems
- Understands database query methods and connection methods
- Executes functional test plans and unit testing
Database Technical Knowledge
- Understands core database concepts (how data is stored in tables, relational database concepts, data manipulation language [DML], data definition language [DDL])
- Understands what data types are, why they are important, and how they affect storage requirements
- Understands tables and how to create them (purpose of tables; create tables in a database by using proper ANSI SQL syntax)
- Creates stored procedures and functions
- Manipulates data (select, insert, update, and delete data)
- Understands data storage (normalization, the reasons for normalization, how to normalize a database, clustered, and non-clustered indexes)
- Understands the need to secure a database, what objects can be secured, what objects should be secured, user accounts, and roles
- Understands various backup types, such as full and incremental, importance of backups, how to restore a database
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Requires a minimum of 5 years related experience in software project delivery in manufacturing environments
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Experience with Manufacturing Principals
- Experience with OPC protocol
- Experience with Data Historians, such as PI
- Experience with MES systems, such as CAMSTAR
- Experience with .NET (C# and Powershell)
- Experience with Networking, operating systems is a plus