Principal Data Scientist – Consumer Finance in Lewisville, Texas
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
Top 25 U.S. digital financial services company committed to developing award-winning technology and services.
Named one of the top three fastest-growing banking brands in the U.S. in 2020.
Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
Base salary of $120-140k with bonus potential and excellent benefits package
Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
Charlotte, NC - Will sit Hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Lead complex analytics projects which require technical sophistication and ability to navigate ambiguity; Serve as primary checkpoint for external macroeconomics, consumer health and benchmarking data
• Apply advanced data mining to support predictive analytics (e.g., customer segmentation, clustering) for Ally auto finance asset portfolio management; Independently prepare and analyze large, account-level consumer data from internal and external sources to identify customer behavior and strong risk indicators for Ally auto finance consumer
• Ability to think strategically, use sound judgement, and balance short and long-term risk decisions; Strong communication and collaboration skills; ability to work effectively across multiple team
• Understanding of risk management concepts and key performance drivers within consumer lending portfolios; Perform ad-hoc analysis, prepare crisp summary, and deliver recommendation
• Managing projects of various size/complexity and day-to-day tasks independently in fast paced environment; Mentor junior members in the team
HOW YOU ARE QUALIFIED:
• 5 to 10 years financial risk analytics, data science and/or predictive modeling work experience
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred in Quantitative/Technical Discipline (Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science/Analytics, Economics)
• Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience working with large, consumer account-level datasets using SQL and SAS programming
• Good knowledge of statistics and data mining (e.g., Correlation, Regression, Decision Tree segmentation), and programming skills with exploratory data analysis using Python, R or SAS
• Solid written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively present data analytics results to internal and external stakeholders
• Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively in fast paced environment