AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
WHERE THIS POSITION IS LOCATED:
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
• Develop, configure and support network devices and solutions to align with technology standards and meet the connectivity needs of our businesses.
• Serve as network subject matter expert, providing technical expertise, design skills, and expert operational support
• Test, implement, document and support network solutions including LAN, WAN, cloud. For these services the candidate will be:
• Documenting technical requirements as part of overall network solutions design and development effort
• Creating, reviewing and/or vetting technical functional specifications and low-level network solutions design documentation, ensuring those are complete, correct and kept current
• Assisting with implementation of upgrades and enhancements to WAN services, including communications, preparation of documentation and training
• Maintaining and administering solutions and related environments including software, hardware, and tools
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Participating in root cause analysis on incidents, helping to drive identification of preventative actions meant to ensure problems don’t recur, and delivering on the tasks within those actions
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
• 4-year degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 5+ years of experience analyzing requirements for designing, delivering and overseeing network and/or network security functions/tools/processes in a large enterprise environment.
• 3+ years performing WAN network or WAN network security functions in a large, enterprise class environment
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network or network security infrastructure devices
• Deep current experience with network infrastructure and network hardware including several of the following – Cisco, Aruba, Arista, Juniper, Palo Alto, CheckPoint, Riverbed, ZScaler, Infoblox, BlueCat, VeloCloud, Versa, SilverPeak and IoT
• Practical knowledge of TACACS, AAA, IPSEC, 802.x, and public/private key encryption
• Understanding of and practical knowledge of approaches to network security including packet filtering, access lists, firewalls, WAF, IDS, DDoS mitigation techniques
• Excellent technical analysis, problem solving, and business relationship skills.
• Must have good grasp on contemporary and emerging technologies/strategies and the application to enterprise.
• Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization
• Excellent communications, interpersonal and influencing skills
• Demonstrated track record of on time delivery within budget; ability to drive projects to successful conclusion using influencing tools
• Successfully navigate within teams across multiple initiatives, spanning various lines of business, geographic borders, time zones, and cultures
• Must be a self-starter, able to work in team environment and motivate others
• Must be willing to be on call available for after-hours support and an on-call rotation as defined by the team for any of the position responsibilities listed above.
• Experience working directly with Cisco, Riverbed, Radware and VMware’s VeloCloud SDWAN
• Experience configuring and using monitoring/alerting/forensic tools such as Auvik, Observian, Nagios, SolarWinds, Splunk, Cisco Prime, NNMI, HPNA, SolarWinds, NetBrain etc.
• Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols including BGP and OSPF
• Understanding of pertinent frameworks, including ITIL, NIST and COBIT
• Knowledge of network security