THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- $7B services company HQ in Charlotte area
- Highly respected and known for being an industry leader in their market
- Aggressive growth over the last several years both organically and through acquisitions
- Consistently ranked as one of the top employer’s HQ in Charlotte metro
- Very strong leadership team; open door policy with lots of energy and ideas
- Sugar Grove, IL
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Driving the Benefits Department for an organization known for exceptional benefits– health, wellness, dental, 401(k), and workforce flexibility
- This company believes in careers; you will have the ability to drive and build out your career – this role is poised for growth and has a direct impact on the organization
- Brand recognition and career development – continuing education and certifications program, professional networking opportunities, etc.
- Culture of leaning and a company philosophy of "get it done"
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
- Work closely with Regional Leadership on understanding and administering employee matters in compliance will all applicable laws and company policies
- Build and maintain relationships with field managers, including but not limited to Profit Center Manager, Regional/District Leadership, and Divisional VPs
- Complete intake, investigation and response for employee relations matters
- Make recommendations to Regional Leadership on a daily basis regarding employees
- Advises managers and supervisors regarding employee relations, leave of absence, and personnel issues to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures
- Consult with Management regarding disciplinary action and separations
- Manages compliance training initiatives
- Conduct stay interviews and work with HR Director on succession planning and talent assessments.
- Assist managers on employee issues in compliance with policy and procedure and ensure compliance with federal, state and local law
- Train managers on the interpretation of company policies and how to handle and document employee situations; escalate issues to appropriate personnel as needed
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
- Draft written responses to employee relations issues
- Review Generalist and Recruiter drafted communications for accuracy and compliance, including, but not limited to, Letters of Offer, Employment Agreements, response letters, jobsites, etc.
- Serve as project manager as needed on business development activities
- Supervise HR Generalist, including on-going coaching and performance management
- Remain current on new laws and regulations and recommends appropriate action when necessary
- Adjudicate to Union contracts as needed
- Travel as needed for National Meetings, District/Regional Meetings, investigations, merger and acquisition activities, etc.
- Ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreements including contract interpretation and disciplinary and grievance process; assists with arbitration case preparation, labor negotiations and other potential legal matters
- Other duties as assigned by Director of HR or VP of HR
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- PHR/CP Preferred
- Minimum 5 years HR experience
- Pays special attention to detail; excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Prior experiencing managing and motivating a team
- Prior experience with labor relations preferred