HE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- $1.5 Billion manufacturing and distribution company headquartered in Hartselle, AL backed by a multi-billion dollar company with a diverse portfolio of industry leaders
- Aggressive growth over the last 3 years with a new plan to double in size again by 2027
- Leading manufacturer of copper wire with sales to industry professionals, wholesalers, and retailers, with a future plan of direct to consumer
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401K with a strong company match policy
- Opportunity to lead the company's technology future through growth plans and roadmaps to better support existing infrastructure and expansion
- Competitive salary with a strong relocation package if needed
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
- Perform month-end closing responsibilities (e.g. cost rolls, journal entries, reconciliations, etc) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting cost-of-goods information, inventory variances, and factory costs (direct and indirect).
- Support Plant Management by participating in plant events, being an ERP “Power User”, and being the liaison with Corporate Accounting on various matters (e.g. transactional processing, financial planning, local reporting)
- Perform periodic cost rolls, which includes coordination of interplant costs on shared items.
- Experience with the cost accounting process for our manufacturing operation, including performing periodic cost studies in support of our standard cost model
- Track interplant inventory transfers and ensure proper valuation.
- Develop procedures to continually improve accuracy of the inventory costing and flow for the plant in conjunction with sister manufacturing plants.
- Maintain, and make recommendations to improve, our system of internal accounting controls as they relate to inventory and manufacturing.
- Oversee the daily reporting and tracking of Raw material costs and the impact on P&L results
- Familiarity with the Cerro Wire Copper match process for tracking key commodity costs and its impact on P&L results
- Assist with audit, tax, insurance, and census information as needed
- Participate in continuous improvement events as requested.
- Ability to research and document accounting matters and ensure compliance with company policies, procedures, and GAAP.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of Finance and or Accounting Experience in Auditing & Manufacturing Industry is preferred
- Strong data management skills are preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc) is required
- A minimum / basic understanding of an ERP system flow is required
- Demonstrate good written and verbal communication
- Ability to work with Plant Management to ensure financial directives, policies and procedures are followed
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced work environment