AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Global fortune 100 logistics company with the largest presence in North America.
- Servicing over 50,00 customers across 1500 locations
- Their portfolio includes less-than-truckload (LTL), freight brokerage, last mile, intermodal, drayage and global forwarding services
- Operating approximately 800 warehouses with 200 million square feet of space they are the second largest third-party contract logistics provider globally
- Multi-billion dollar business model that embraces a fast-paced and innovative culture with heavy growth by way of acquisition
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Company offers upward mobility and promotion from within
- Excellent benefits and team oriented work environment
- Global company with an outstanding reputation and great tenure
WHERE THIS POSITION IS LOCATED:
- Portland, OR
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT
- Perform, track, and report on all payment processes in Oracle, JP Morgan, and Citibank.
- Provide reporting on quarter end payments process.
- Provide testing support for projects as they relate to Oracle Financials.
- Perform testing support for all TMS upgrades, monthly and / or quarterly.
- Apply a working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and related guidance; verify documents for completeness and compliance with authoritative guidance.
- Assist with monthly financial controls in compliance with company policy and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Continually look to reduce company costs and spend associated with Analyst-related responsibilities.
- Perform general ledger entries as a backup roll.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned
- Manage all payments for North America as well as multiple International divisions. Perform accounting activities such as ensuring multiple SOX controls are in place as well as quarterly SOX control evaluations for the Accounts Payable Team. Quarter End process reporting and support for payments as they relate to Cash Management
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance generally required. Will accept any suitable combination of education, experience, or training.
- 0-3 years experience in accounting or finance, preferably in a large, multi-component company and in preparing and auditing financial reports.
- System knowledge should include intermediate level spreadsheet skills, and working knowledge of word processing, email and financial database applications.
- Solid skills in business writing and editing; strong communication skills (oral and written); communicate effectively with support peers, end users, and all levels of corporate management.
- Strong interpersonal skills: participate in a team environment and build strong working relationships.
- Time management skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workloads; demonstrated analytical capabilities; effectively identify and resolve problems in high visibility, high stress situations.
- Ability to receive, protect and maintain confidential information.