THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
- North American manufacturing company with 30+ plants across the country
- $700+ million in revenue and positioned for high growth through acquisitions
- Headquartered in North Carolina with a decentralized structure
- Focused on reinvestment in the company and operational excellence
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU
- Executive Leadership team that is engaging
- Commitment to employees with history of promoting from within
- Opportunity to have a "start-up" environment in a highly successful business
- Excellent company culture that provides you with a voice and opportunity to make an impact on the business
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Negotiate rates and secure shipment coverage with approved carrier or broker resulting in cost savings and efficient transportation for flatbed, stepdeck, and driveaway services.
- Identify and onboard new carriers and brokers through various means that meet service provider requirements.
- Provide shipping information and documents including but not limited to rate confirmations and bills of lading to carriers, suppliers, customers, and/or employees.
- Negotiate and approve additional transportation costs such as truck ordered not used fees and detention charges.
- Reach KPI target numbers for transportation savings and on-time service.
HOW WILL YOU QUALIFY:
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Transportation Planning / Freight Brokerage, preferably with experience sourcing flatbed/stepdecks.
- Experience developing and maintaining an excellent rapport with carriers and drivers.
- Experience with driveaway services preferred.
- Excellent, timely, and effective communication skills through various means (phone, text, email, etc.).
- Strong customer service orientation and excellent work ethic.