AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Fortune 500 Company
- World leader in commercial data and insight
- Constantly expanding the size and improving the quality of their global database; currently exceeding 280 million businesses worldwide
- Focus on valuable relationships allowing customers to succeed
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Culture: Energetic, forward thinking individuals, passionate about compliance, risk assessment and management
- Growth: Partake in a learning program with robust curriculum that will enhance the value you bring to your team and the company
- Opportunity: Extensive international network with offices on five continents
- Stability: A storied and commanding brand with almost two centuries of experience
WHERE THE POSITION IS LOCATED:
- Short Hills, NJ
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
- Core tasks will involve managing the vendor onboarding process from a privacy perspective.
- Support compliance program planning and implementation.
- Review and negotiate privacy terms in contractual agreements.
- Support internal and external audit requests relating to privacy. Lead internal and external audits from a privacy perspective.
- Track and advise on developments in international privacy legislation, especially for the regions of China and India.
- Advise on M&A privacy and compliance due diligence reviews.
- Supporting privacy team on responding to data security issues as needed.
- Work with various internal corporate teams, including our data governance team, on data protection compliance matters. Advise on Privacy Impact Assessments.
- Advise all lines of business on privacy related matters.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- JD with 1-2 years legal experience; privacy experience including US and global privacy law preferred
- IAPP certifications a plus (CIPP/US, CIPP/E, CIPP/A, CIPP/C).
- Knowledge and subject matter command of U.S. state, federal and international privacy laws, regulations and industry standards, including the GDPR, the CCPA, HIPAA, PIPEDA, and the China Cyber Security Law (CSL)
- Proven track record of creative problem solving, building consensus, forging coalitions and leveraging professional relationships to achieve strategic objectives and to create an effective culture of compliance while also providing practical advice.
- Able to engage business colleagues and leaders at all levels, and work with cross-organizational stakeholders and decision makers with different geographical and operational responsibilities to achieve effective and desired outcomes.
- Able to support the design and implementation of programs to support organization and promote our Privacy-By-Design program objectives.
- Digital marketing related experience would be a nice bonus