THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- $7B services company HQ with hundreds of branch locations nationwide
- Highly respected and known for being an industry leader
- Aggressive growth over the last several years both organically and through acquisitions
- Consistently ranked as one of the top employer’s in Charlotte
- Very strong leadership team; open door policy with lots of energy and ideas
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Be a name versus a number with
- Ability to drive and build out your career
- Strong impact on the team and company’s processes
- Brand recognition and career development – continuing education and certifications program, professional networking opportunities, etc.
- Culture of learning and a company philosophy of “get it done”
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
- Serves as the business partner and consultant to internal customers providing support for organizational and staff development, performance management, employee relations and compensation
- Analyzes and presents team member survey data and key themes to leadership with support of the HR Director or Sr. HRBP
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to understand organizational hiring needs and key positions,
- Consults with leadership on delivering continuous improvement and development feedback throughout the year
- Coaches leadership on how to effectively communicate and respond to employee relations concerns
- Performs investigations in partnership with the Employee Relations team
- Works closely with regional leadership on understanding and administering employee matters in compliance with all applicable laws and company policies
- Builds and maintains relationships with field managers, including but not limited to: Branch Managers, regional/district leadership and divisional VPs
- Makes recommendations to regional leadership on a daily basis regarding employees
- Advises managers and supervisors regarding employee relations, leaves of absence and human resource issues to ensure adherence to company policies and procedures
- Consults with management regarding disciplinary actions and separations
- Manages compliance training initiatives
- Conducts stay interviews and works with HR Director on succession planning and talent assessments.
- Leads and/or assists in the acquisition process through partnering with Business Development and regional leadership
- Trains managers on the interpretation of company policies and how to handle and document employee situations; escalates issues to appropriate levels as needed
- Remains current on new laws and regulations and recommends appropriate action when necessary
- Adjudicates Union contracts as needed
- Travels as needed for national meetings, district/regional meetings, investigations, merger and acquisition activities, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field or equivalent work experience plus at least 5 years HR experience
- 2-3 years of experience within union enviorments
- Ability to understand culture and leverage that as a positive means of achieving objectives
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize work and manage deadlines
- Ability to multitask successfully, while paying particular attention to detail
- Strong follow-through skills and ability to resolve issues in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and planning skills, including the demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Maintain highly confidential employee information and files
- PHR/CP Preferred
THE TEAM YOU’D BE JOINING
- A leading technology and service provider with over 7,000 global customers that is striving to provide the best communication solutions to the financial market community.
- Over 50 years of combined experience and an award winning communication platforms.
- Our client provides customers with their proprietary VoIP technology and seamless integration into their products, in addition to a full suite of compliance and network connectivity solutions.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU
- Fast paced and continuously evolving work environment with exposure to a vast array of cutting voice technologies, patches, and updates.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An internal work culture that focuses on inclusion, diversity, and work life balance that recognizes the importance of each employee.
WHERE IS IT LOCATED
- Jersey City, NJ or Fairfield, CT
- Hybrid 2-3 days onsite per week
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT
- Design and implement efficient software components, REST APIs, and protocols.
- Develop, execute, and evaluate performance and load tests.
- Deliver complete, thorough, and robust solutions and proactively suggest improvements to process, design, and functionality.
- Perform design and code reviews, providing constructive input and suggestions.
- Write well-documented and re-usable code modules.
- Be a team player by helping others to achieve team and company goals.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS
- 2-3 years Java programming experience
- 2-3 years of experience developing using Spring Boot framework
- Experience developing REST based APIs
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture and challenges