THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
• Global market leader in the colored solutions and chemical manufacturing industry
• Renown for being one of the most cost-effective and innovative technical solutions provides closely tied to the retail industry
• An acquisitive company that has almost doubled in size over the last 3 years
• Company has exceptional tenure and retention offering a family-friendly working environment that is becoming more and more progressive as they grow
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
• Great company culture and morale; very low turnover
• Beautiful, newly renovated offices
• Employee appreciation activities such as holiday parties and cookouts
• High employee engagement
• Customers include Nike, Under Armour, lululemon, and other big box retailers
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
•Manage sourcing/purchasing for CAPEX and MRO for the site, including negotiating pricing, terms, delivery and quality
•Interface between suppliers and engineering/operations/marketing to answer any questions related to RFQ documents
•Assist to track and monitor spend/saving to identify project/negotiation to meet target cost reduction
•Conduct supplier and product evaluations with Engineering team
•Drive contract negotiation and recommend supplier selection
•Monitor key spending trends, cost drivers, market factors and geographic considerations in order to implement appropriate sourcing strategies
•Analyze price proposals, financial reports and other data to determine reasonable prices to place order for good and services
•Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier’s reputation and history.
•Assist in the negotiation and administration of contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives on facility specific goods or services
BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
•Bachelor's Degree in Business, Materials Management or Logistics required.
•5 to 10 years’ experience in Purchasing in Manufacturing environment, minimum 5 year on Indirect Procurement leading CapEx, Utilities or Services categories.
•Experience source selection and negotiation skills with capital, indirect materials and services
•Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals SOW, drawings, and product designs. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence
•Ability to establish and manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
•Previous experience Purchasing
•Talking to others to convey information effectively. Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.