THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
• Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel. Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the department and participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
• Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions; conducts employee surveys and develops the budget; analyzes compensation; and monitors the performance evaluation program. • Administers workers compensation program.
• Oversees payroll function & processing
• Liaison with Corporate HR relating to benefits administration and employee inquiries. Assists Corporate HR with annual enrollment program .
• Maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
• Oversees onboarding for all exempt and nonexempt personnel and temporary employees including new-employee orientations.
• Supervises development, maintenance, & administration of the Learning Management System.
• Directs and maintains the Drug & Alcohol Testing Program to meet federal compliance, to include document verification.
• Handles employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars. Maintains company organization charts and employee directory.
• Establishes department records and reports. Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
• Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
• Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
• Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Human resources or related field and seven to ten years of work experience in Human Resources.
• Master’s degree in human resources, background in employment law, Prior DOT drug & alcohol administration experience, and other government compliance regulations is a plus.
• Professional HRCI or SHRM certification is required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) with intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
• Familiarity with HR databases, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and Candidate Management Systems (CMS)
• Hands-on experience with Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS) or Human Resource Management Systems (HRMS)
• Previous payroll experience required.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, highly regulated, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines while staying organized and calm.
• Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops action plans.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ suggestions and is willing to perform new tasks.
• Excellent people and customer service skills
• Strong decision-making skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Must possess the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or concerns, by using good judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work with a high sense of urgency.
• This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to and working collaboratively and collegially with employees at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to organizational needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present professionally to employees and business leaders at all levels of the organization and regulatory bodies.
• Dependability – The individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance