AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- World’s leading provider of claim management services
- Offers solutions for everything from large scale losses to short term claims
- 700 offices and 9000 employees worldwide
- $1 billion + global organization
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Culture: A diverse workforce of employees with the common goal to succeed
- Growth: Grown from a small regional operation to one the world’s largest providers of claims management solutions
- Opportunity: Expansive global network serving more than 150 countries
- Stability: Possesses the largest, most experienced team of strategic loss managers and technical adjusters
WHERE THIS POSITION IS LOCATED:
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
Under direction provides professional, technical support for basic hardware, software and service based inquires. Serve as the initial point of contact for all technical computer related issues for internal and external customers. This is the entry level position for the Help Desk Specialist series. The position requires a foundation in technical computer skills and systems; strong oral and written communication skills; ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal relationships at all organizational levels; ability to quickly adapt, learn and apply new skills; ability to provide IT related customer and computer support. The Help Desk Specialist I will demonstrate an aptitude and work ethic that is well suited for a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
- Gathers data and provides basic troubleshooting techniques for all computer
software and hardware issues.
- Ability to apply basic analytical skills and present facts to ensure proper
- Resolves all basic technical support issues, tracks and documents pertinent
information in a timely manner according to Standard Operating
- Utilizes available tool sets to monitor, identify and resolve basic problems.
Escalates issues within Service Level Agreements, follows up and updates
customers on status inquiries.
- Emits a positive, enthusiastic service attitude at all times and understands
how to handle difficult situations using proper discretion and respect.
Partners with ICT and business contacts and effectively communicates
relevant ICT company related matters to ensure rapid resolution.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- Knowledge of insurance industry is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Must be proactive, self-motivated and able to work well under pressure.
- Strong communication skills.
- Professional oral speaking phone voice.
- Communications, verbal and written that deliver an effective, clear, concise message.
- Ability to listen attentively.
- Basic knowledge of computer fundamentals and related technical disciplines.
- Self motivated, self learning aptitude.
- Commitment to task in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrates solid interpersonal, customer service and telephone etiquette skills.
- Education: Requires a high school diploma plus additional post-secondary college or technical school.
- One (1) year of experience supporting computer users or supporting IT infrastructure in a networked environment is preferred. Preference for previous office and technical experience in a customer support environment.