AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
WHERE THIS POSITION IS LOCATED:
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
• The Design Technician may be involved in projects that require review and interpretation of technical information, matching the client’s products to applications, and developing solutions for the client’s customers.
• This position will require utilization of analytical skills and principles of systems design to achieve desired objectives.
• This individual should be capable of identifying potential issues and formulating options to resolve these issues.
• It is the responsibility of the Design Technician to understand individual product specifications, capabilities, and limitations with respect to customer objectives.
• It is the responsibility of the Design Technician to understand network design and how components and solutions are integrated into a complete telecommunications network. Understanding of established designs standards is necessary to provide customers with accurate system BOMs.
• Duties may include reviewing system designs provided by customers, accompanying Sales and field support personnel on customer site visits, when appropriate, and addressing pertinent technical issues with customers.
• Develop optical network designs, cable configurations, and bills-of-material (BOMs) which include the client’s products and solutions to facilitate the ordering of products by the client’s customers.
• Utilize technical resources from other internal groups and external subcontractors.
• Interface with customers and subcontractors through telephone calls, e-mail correspondences, and face-to-face visits to complete project work in a timely and accurate manner.
• Other related assignments in the development and execution of system design and technical support.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS
• Moderate experience with desktop computing programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Ability to read and interpret map-based information as directed
• Must be able to distinguish colors on paper and on a computer screen
• Ability to manage time and meet deadlines independently
• 100% fluent in English, both spoken and written
• Two-year degree from a technical or business program
• Two years of work experience in an industrial or commercial environment
• Extensive experience with desktop computing programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
• Experience with AutoCAD and/or other drafting or GIS-based systems
• Technical writing ability, with emphasis on effective presentation of detailed information
• Attention to detail required to ensure accuracy in the design of networks and configuration of products
• Successful experience demonstrating interpersonal, communication, organizational and leadership skills
• Ability to work and interact with people at all levels both internally and externally
• Ability to work across departmental lines
• Sense of urgency to complete projects on a deadline basis