THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
• A stable, privately held company in the energy sector with various locations throughout the US.
• One of the largest providers of Energy Solutions in the United States, with the senior management team fielding more than 150 years combined experience in the electric industry.
• Our client provides engineering, construction and maintenance for distribution and transmission powerlines, substations, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects and renewable energy projects.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
• Opportunity to be a part of a highly visible and collaborative team in Accounting/Finance department.
• Competitive base pay and benefit package.
• A company culture that offers a family friendly environment and promotes internal growth.
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- Directs payroll operations, processes, and strategies for multiple business units
- Partners with ADP to ensure the successful processing of wage payments, payroll tax returns, garnishments and annual W2 processes
- Analyze and implement new payroll processes for efficient processing
- Communicates actively with multiple departments to review and monitor cross-departmental impacts of processes
- Mentors payroll leadership team.
- Develops and provides key payroll metrics and benchmark reports to management
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Train new employees on payroll processes
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field
• 7+ years experience managing payroll
• Experience with: Oracle Cloud, MS Excel, MS Office
• Ability to successfully mentor and manage people – a team player that is dedicated to the success of the organization
• Experience with large, multi-state employer, and payroll taxes
• Detail oriented with expertise in written and verbal communication