AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Fortune 500 manufacturing and technology organization with significant investment in R&D and Innovation
- Rich history with over 150 years of significant growth and innovation
- Expanding global footprint in North America, South America, Europe and Asia
- Industry leader within all 8 divisions and leader in each
- Known for growing talent internally and promoting internally
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Culture: Highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Growth: Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Opportunity: Ability to drive change within organization with a focus on process improvement
- Stability: Strong executive leadership team investing in its talent and elevating the global footprint
WHERE THIS POSITION IS LOCATED:
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
Supports or leads continuous improvement activities, new product or process introductions and cost reduction projects. Supports drive to fundamental process understanding and lower cost producer objectives. Works with other members of the Engineering and Operations community to solve technical engineering related problems and provide hands on troubleshooting when needed. Provides 2D/3D CAD design work to support manufacturing project activities. Supports the development and execution of plans to evaluate new technology or improvements in existing technology resulting in a superior product in terms of quality and/or cost.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Support day-to-day problem solving to ensuring timely resolution of short-term process and equipment issues.
- Provides 2D/3D CAD design work to support manufacturing project activities.
- Creating accurate CAD drawings from hand sketches, verbal instructions, and site visits.
- Seeking clarity and understanding from engineers and project managers when you are not 100% certain of something.
- Provide mechanical expertise on projects involving cost reduction, process optimization and receivership of new processes.
- Identify chronic issues and provide long term corrective actions
- Provide hands on equipment troubleshooting
- Actively engage in plant safety initiatives and projects.
- Develop and update engineering and operations documentation.
- Provide training for operations workforce regarding equipment or operations changes.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- AS or BS in the following Engineering Disciplines: Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering field.
- 2+ years of engineering work experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Solid 2D/3D modeling experience with Creo Parametric, Autodesk inventor or similar design software
- Translate engineering solutions to requirements, then further to process and/or equipment designs which deliver all required and promised performance criteria.
- Ability to effectively multitask and prioritize work on an independent basis in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to provide high-level hands-on equipment troubleshooting
- Use scientific method and engineering first principles to solve problems thoroughly and effectively, using well-designed and executed processes.
- Works well in a team environment, is a self-starter and is results oriented.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- A passion for doing high quality work.
- The ability to think critically, innovate, and solve challenging technical problems.
- High attention to detail.
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability.
- Being able to self-start and self-motivate when there is no one available to provide instruction.
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to handle peak work times.
- Work well both within a multi-disciplined team and independently with minimal oversight.
- Adapts positively to change of priorities or business conditions.
- Sets high standards for personal performance and stays focused on task to meet or exceed expectations for results.
- Exhibits patience and composure during difficult times.
- Communicates and applies lessons learned.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization.