LONG-TERM CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY FOR A SENIOR FULLSTACK JAVA DEVELOPER in DETROIT PAYING $46.01 - 66.93/hr. THIS IS A W-2 EXEMPT POSITION.
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Top 25 U.S. digital financial services company committed to developing award-winning technology and services.
- Named one of the top three fastest-growing banking brands in the U.S. in 2020.
- Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Ability to drive change within the organization with a focus on advancement in technology and programs
- Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
- 100% remote until after October, then will transition to a hybrid schedule of 3-4 days on-site in the Detroit office and 1-2 days remote
- 4-12+ month Contract Opportunity with solid pay and benefit eligibility - client has the option to offer a direct hire/FTE position
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
Seeking an experienced Senior Full-Stack Java Developer reporting to the Technical Lead, this is a key role providing technical guidance and leadership within an Agile development squad.
The Senior Developer will provide substantial contributions in the design, coding, testing, support and debugging of new software and enhancements to existing software, using their technical knowledge, creativity and experience to deliver solutions to complex problems. They will be a technical expert for the team and a mentor for more junior team members.
Experience with design, integration, and architectural patterns is strongly preferred – especially as they pertain to complex, enterprise-scale, transactional systems.
The Senior Developer is expected to foster collaboration in a team-centric environment; rely on experience and judgement to accomplish goals; coach team members using probing questions rather than authority; drive quality through continual improvement; exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills; work well under pressure and aggressive timelines; and think beyond the day-to-day activities to ensure big-picture objectives are achieved.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- Design, code, debug, document, and support computer applications and tools consistent with established specifications and business requirements
- Write clean, reusable, scalable and secure code for deployment adhering to best practices
- Develop and ensure compliance with architecture principles and standards for the various systems and components based on design patterns
- Performing root cause analysis and helping troubleshoot technical issues
- Instills strong focus and best practices for creation and maintenance of high-quality deliverables
- Drives continuous improvement through coaching, pair programming, code review processes, and team discussions
- Works closely with Development Lead, Architects, Project Managers, Systems Analysts, and other members of the wider team to plan and develop the integration components
- Breakdown and estimate technical tasks and recommend implementation approach for team; ensure stories contain the right balance of technical direction, best practices, and level of detail
- Identifying and unblocking technical risks
- Interacting and communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
- Contributing to the successful completion of deliverables on time and within budget
- Create and review technical documentation and specifications, as necessary
- Author and support the content for Context Diagrams, Application Models, Application Profiles, Integration use cases, Logical Application Models, Process Models, Logical Data Models, High Level Designs, Solution Design Documents
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support.
- Experienced full-stack developer with "hands on" enterprise software development experience on multi-tiered systems including - Java, Spring Boot, REST Web Services/Swagger/Postman, data exchange (JSON, XML), JPA, Oracle, Angular, CSS/HTML5, Responsive Design.
- Experience working with enterprise development environments and tools including - Git/BitBucket, Jenkins, JUnit, Selenium, JIRA/Confluence, SonarQube, Checkmarx, NexusIQ.
- Knowledge of standard change management tools and processes, code branching/merging/commit strategies, feature branches, and trunk-based development.
- Hands on experience with the following platforms strongly preferred - OpenShift/Docker/Kubernetes, Helm, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Apigee.
- Experience writing and reviewing software design specifications in an object-oriented development environment, use of OO design patterns, open source security frameworks & best practices.
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing complex micro-services applications
- Strong hands-on experience writing clean, quality, and testable applications that support rapid delivery via Continuous Integration, Delivery, and automated deployments.
- Experience working in teams with Agile approaches such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, SAFe, etc.
- Experience using – and coaching team members in the use of – Agile development practices such as test-driven development (TDD), paired programming, automated testing, sprint planning, story card grooming, estimating, and tracking sprint goals.
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps best-practices strongly preferred.
- Some experience working in cloud-based environments (AWS VPC, EC2, GIT) would be an advantage
- Plus: Big 4 consulting or startup experience a plus
- Ability to work well and collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to be a technical authority and influence other team members
- Possesses strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Ability to thoroughly understand the business issues surrounding each project
- Can articulate business requirements and objectives and translate those into software solutions
- Can communicate effectively with senior leadership and other development teams, by summarizing complex technical content and articulating options with clear recommendations.
- Self-motivated, self-starter with clear communication skills who thrives working in a team environment
- Grasps new technologies and can adapt to rapid shifts in priorities
- Ability to respond directly to questions from business clients
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other related discipline preferred
- 8+ years of software development experience with at least 3+ years in a technical leadership role
- A combination of 2 or 3 specific roles and durations