LONG-TERM CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY FOR A SENIOR PROJECT/PROGRAM MANAGER in CHARLOTTE OR DETROIT PAYING $41.94-61.01/HR. THIS IS A W-2 EXEMPT POSITION.
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Top 25 U.S. digital financial services company committed to developing award-winning technology and services.
- Named one of the top three fastest-growing banking brands in the U.S. in 2020.
- Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Ability to drive change within the organization with a focus on advancement in technology and programs
- Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
- 100% remote until after October, then will transition to a hybrid schedule of 3-4 days on-site in the uptown Charlotte office or Detroit and 1-2 days remote
- 18+ month Contract Opportunity paying $41.94-61.01/hr and benefit eligibility - client has the option to offer a direct hire/FTE position
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT:
The Senior Portfolio Project Manager ensures program financials and updates are maintained, working in conjunction with the Scrum Master and Program Manager. The Sr PM will also be responsible for oversee risks & issues resolution within the program. This individual will work within a program with multiple subprojects on complex initiatives.
Responsibilities include all areas of program and portfolio management including project schedule, costs, resource utilization, deliverable quality, and risk/issue resolution. He/she may also manage various project team members, which may include employee and/or vendor team members. He/she will also be well versed in Agile, both Kanban and Scrum practices.
- Deliver solution that accomplishes the business objectives with on-time delivery, budget adherence, and exceptional quality
- Collaborate with senior management and executive leadership to solidify project objectives and scope
- Define the project schedule and resourcing needed to cost effectively accomplish project objectives
- Allocate and direct staff to accomplish project tasks ensuring effective utilization
- Manage financials closely to achieve the planned project budget. Monitor & updates monthly actuals & future forecasts; develop new/revised estimates as applicable
- Continuously manage scope and schedule throughout the project lifecycle
- Define and execute communication cadence to keep both IT and business stakeholders fully informed
- Identify and manage project risks/issues to closure and provide proper visibility to senior management
- Support the business in defining plans to ensure organization acceptance of the new solution
- Support procurement processing of Statements of Work & Purchase Orders. Process all contract-related artifacts & invoices
- Create project governance artifacts for reviews (tollgates/change requests) and ensure adherence to all PMO guidelines & procedures and software development lifecycle methodology
- Comply with Change Management, Release Management, IT Risk & Compliance processes and standards
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS:
- Financial forecasting and management is a MUST
- Ability to work autonomously, solving complex problems in an ambiguous environment
- Business acumen and understanding of business drivers and issues surrounding a project
- Extensive breadth of experience delivering complex programs within budget and scope
- Expert knowledge of software development life cycles and Project Management methodologies and tools, specifically MS Project and Clarity
- Superior interpersonal skills and conflict resolution skills
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus with various stakeholder groups
- Resource planning and management acumen
- Strong issue resolution and risk management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including with executive management
- Excellent presentation skills
- BS and 7+ years of experience or equivalent
- MS Office Suite with extensive Project, Excel, and PowerPoint Skills