CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY FOR A SR. ACCOUNTANT in CHARLOTTE PAYING $37.67-54.80/HR . THIS IS A W-2 EXEMPT POSITION.
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Top 25 U.S. digital financial services company committed to developing award-winning technology and services.
- Named one of the top three fastest-growing banking brands in the U.S. in 2020.
- Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Ability to drive change within the organization with a focus on advancement in technology and programs
- Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
- 100% remote until October, then will transition to a hybrid schedule of 3-4 days on-site in the Detroit office and 1-2 days remote
- Contract Opportunity with solid pay and benefit eligibility - client has the option to offer a direct hire/FTE position
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS
- The role will support the Finance and Accounting Commercial Advantage team. The position will be primarily responsible for testing and deployment support for the Advantage Commercial Project.
- Research and analyze current state accounting and link our current state accounting practices to their future equivalent
- Develop comprehensive accounting documentation for new servicing and accounting system, based on a “To Be” vision of processes
- Present deliverables to operations and accounting stakeholders
- Assist in testing of new system GL output
- Assist with deployment activities including readiness training for various stakeholders within the CFO organization
- Liaise with key stakeholders and other functional areas, such as Corporate Accounting, Operations, and IT
- Continuously identify business process improvements
- Participate in other project related work and adhoc analyses
- Learn the auto finance product accounting at both an operational and regulatory level
- Validation of accounting test cases (reviewing test results to ensure system is behaving as expected)
- Provide accounting representations to ensure any downstream accounting impact is recognized and properly tested
- Collaborate as part of a team to resolve and troubleshoot issues
- Perform analyses using Excel.
- Document processes and findings
• BS/BBA degree in Accounting/Finance required
• 3-5 Years of experience, public accounting experience preferred
• Working knowledge and appreciation of month-end financial close and internal reporting processes
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail balanced with knowing the right level necessary to deliver on requirements
• Proven track record of driving for results with minimal ongoing direction
• Energetic and inquisitive, quick learner, takes initiative, team player
• Ability to support change and process improvements
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to perform independent analysis and provide explanations to management
• Working knowledge and appreciation of cross-system, cash, and intercompany reconciliations
• CPA preferred
• SAP experience a plus
• Auto Finance industry experience a plus
• Proficient MS Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) preferred
• ALFA software experience is a plus