AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Top 25 U.S. digital financial services company committed to developing award-winning technology and services.
- Named one of the top three fastest-growing banking brands in the U.S. in 2020.
- Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Ability to drive change within the organization with a focus on advancement in technology and programs
- Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT
The Scrum Master will facilitate the sizing of stories during the planning sprint, backlog grooming, or sprint planning sessions for the team. This role will develop and maintain a productive working relationship with business owners, product owners, project sponsors, vendors, and key clients. This role will also facilitate Agile ceremonies for 1-2 teams.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS
- Uses historical velocity and planned velocity to assist team with commitments
- Works with the project sponsor and product owner to determine staffing requirements
- Assist with identifying which resources need to be procured outside the organization
- Involves team in identifying and removing impediments and known risks through analysis and prioritization o Maintains risk register and escalates where needed
- Utilizes standardized tools and techniques for estimating costs associated with a project including physical, financial, and human capital costs
- Continuously monitors the actual cost of a project versus the budget
- Reviews expenditures and evaluates factors that may potentially cause cost changes
- Conducts in-depth root cause analysis of project budget discrepancies
- Effectively utilizes progress indicators such as burn-down and burn-up charts
- Utilizes the team definition of done to guide the team during their sprint commitments. o Uses collaborative engagement techniques
- Fosters self-accountability
- Escalates where needed
- Ensures scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests and critical issues are effectively communicated to the client and project team
- Looks for opportunities to teach and mentor the team
- Guides the team by providing meaningful feedback
- Participates in setting best practices
- Effectively facilitates retrospectives to pull actionable changes for the team
- Conducts formal review with business sponsor at project completion to confirm acceptance and satisfaction
- Tracks and measures client satisfaction levels and make and implement recommendations
- Generates appropriate communication, process, and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change while facilitating identification and removal of
- Minimum of 1-3 years of ScrumMaster experience
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM or related certification strongly preferred
- 3+ years of information technology experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Information Systems or Engineering; or equivalent work experience
- 3 or more years managing projects
- Thorough understanding of agile and waterfall methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Experience working with both agile and waterfall methodologies on large scale, technically complex projects
- Ability to deal with multiple projects
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Data driven analysis skills for measuring and managing delivery
- Experience with relevant business software (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, Team Foundation Server)
- Experience using Microsoft Team Foundation Server Agile, Jira or similar tool
- Controls a program level view and status and uses the information in Clarity/Open Workbench to communicate on multiple projects and programs at a time
- Able to use Clarity/Open Workbench tool to determine how the intersection of multiple projects and programs impacts the department
- Able to use the Clarity/Open Workbench tool develop departmental budgets
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to understand and communicate technical issues
- Highly adaptable to changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse teams
- Situational awareness of when to listen and when to be assertive
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to keep team engaged and on task