CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY FOR A QUALITY ASSURANCE AUTOMATION TESTER in CHARLOTTE, NC. THIS IS A W-2 EXEMPT POSITION.
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Top 25 U.S. digital financial services company committed to developing award-winning technology and services.
- Named one of the top three fastest-growing banking brands in the U.S. in 2020.
- Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Ability to drive change within the organization with a focus on advancement in technology and programs
- Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT
The Quality Assurance Automation Tester must be able to scope a project and estimate testing needs. The ideal candidate must have strong experience in developing performance test plans and performance test scenarios using requirements and design documents while specifying testing overview, approach, strategy, scope, architecture, environment, roles, and responsibilities. Someone in this role must also understand modern web application technologies, and architecture.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS
- Work with product teams to design test strategies with automation as the core component to transform QA to enable agile and continuous testing
- Collaborate with Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) and lead Test Engineers to implement and execute a product test strategy
- Participate in product design reviews ensuring quality practices are baked into the software development and deployment life cycle
- Work with the team to identify and build automated tests into the software development and delivery pipeline (CI/CD) leveraging common frameworks
- Work with internal teams to document test environment and test data management container strategies and provisioning for the different types of testing activities
- Comprehend and decompose user stories/requirements to identify what tests need to be created and automated across the entire software stack (business logic, contract, journey, accessibility, visual, performance)
- Understand end-customer needs and associated value chain to drive processes and practices to ensure flawless customer experience
- Drive testability, diagnosability, automatability, and instrumentation across the enterprise development culture
- Drive test quality through metrics and KPIs
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement standards, tools, processes, and test design techniques to enable teams to deliver quality in an autonomous yet enterprise aligned manner
- Define best practices for test coverage for existing and new products. Includes both functional and nonfunctional quality aspects
- Work across teams to understand enterprise quality requirements and ensure adoption of core processes and standards
- Mentor/guide others on best testing practices, techniques, and strategies
- Prepare technical presentations and communications and deliver presentations tailoring the message to audience type
- Experience defining and executing test strategies for the product under test
- Experience leading a QA team in the development and execution of a test strategy in an agile/continuous testing environment
- Experience decomposing user stories/requirements to define tasks to create automated tests
- Experience defining tests for the different levels of testing (business logic, contract, journey, accessibility, visual, performance)
- Experience developing test coverage maps to ensure quality across the entire software stack
- Working knowledge of frameworks and tools like Junit/TestNG (Java), Qunit/Chai (Java Script), Android Studios/Mocha (android mobile), XcTest (iOS), SoapUI Pro, Selenium RC/WebDriver, UFT, Tricentis Tosca
- Working knowledge of technologies like: BitBucket, Crucible, SonarQube, Jenkins, Maven, Docker, uDeploy
- Experience defining and implementing test standards, tools, processes, and test design techniques (including white box)
- Working knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous integration, and continuous deployment concepts (CI & CD), and test suite development and maintenance
- Working knowledge of application software development lifecycle concepts and test environment, test data, and configuration management concepts (including Agile and DevOps)
- Ability to critique work of self and others constructively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic and energetic with an inherent curiosity to break code
- 7+ years’ experience leading QA teams
- 3-4 years’ experience in automation
- 1-2 years working in Agile testing environment