CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY FOR A PRODUCTION ENGINEER in CHARLOTTE, NC or REMOTE PAYING $56.85-76.87/HR. THIS IS A W-2 EXEMPT POSITION.
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Top 25 U.S. digital financial services company committed to developing award-winning technology and services.
- Named one of the top three fastest-growing banking brands in the U.S. in 2020.
- Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT
- Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Ability to drive change within the organization with a focus on advancement in technology and programs
- Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
- 100% remote until after October, then will transition to a hybrid schedule of 3-4 days on-site in the uptown Charlotte office or Remote for the right candidate and 1-2 days remote
- Contract Opportunity with solid pay and benefit eligibility - client has the option to offer a direct hire/FTE position
We are looking for a talented, proactive, and results-oriented Production Engineer to maintain and enhance a CI/CD build system for our customer facing web applications, APIs, and services. To be successful in this role the candidate must be hands-on, a skilled problem solver, and have a strong desire to learn and drive for perfection. This Production Engineer takes pride in creating and managing the build infrastructure and build tools using continuous delivery practices. They will work closely with cross-functional teams to identify issues, design and implement solutions, and work with the engineering team to test and deploy changes. Critical thinking, flexibility, writing clean and robust code, planning, documenting, and communicating within the team and cross-functionally are critical to the success of the role.
Our team’s stack: AWS, OpenShift (Kubernetes), Jenkins/Gitlab, Python, Terraform and more!
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS
- Previous experience working on a project that has complex build and release processes
- Managed and maintained a 24x7 CI environment (such as Jenkins, Gitlab, GoCD, Concourse, TeamCity) with many build jobs
- Experience creating pipelines and jobs with Jenkins (Job DSL and Jenkinsfiles), Gitlab, or equivalent
- Log aggregation and analysis tools (Splunk, Cloudwatch Insights, etc)
- APM tools (AppD, Data Dog, etc)
- Application tracing (Open Telemetry, Data Dog, etc)
- Breadth of knowledge on a variety of techniques and tools in the areas of build, test, deploy, and release
- Experience using software package dependencies (such as: CocoaPods, deb, dmg, NPM)
- Experience with artifact management solutions (artifactory, aptly, package mirrors)
- Demonstrated experience with multi-project build tools such as (bazel gradle, blaze, buck, pants)
- Ability to script in bash, python, go, or ruby
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
A successful Production Engineer will be expected to:
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exercise critical thinking skills, anticipating the needs of others
- Be an independent learner, insatiably curious, and know when to ask for help
- Demonstrate willingness to ask for clarification and context to understand the big picture
- Find multiple solutions to a problem, evaluate tradeoffs, and decide the best approach
- Have strong coding ability and testing mindset, e.g. CI/CD, high code coverage, chaos engineering
- Understand, retain, and perform complex procedures
- Be proficient with git or equivalent version control system
- Communicate status frequently to product teams and engineering program managers
- Document new processes or update an existing wiki pages
- Analyze build cycle-time and optimize software release
- Implement software release pipeline for all components to integrate, test and deploy to production
- Develop self-service tools to enable developer efficiency for build and release tasks
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 8+ years DevOps, Build Engineering, Systems Administration, or Application Development experience
- 3+ years Jenkins/GitLab experience
- 3+ years Docker experience
- 2+ years AWS/Azure/GCP experience
- 2+ years Kubernetes experience (preferred)
- 2+ years OpenShift experience (preferred)
- 4+ years REST API experience (preferred)
- 4+ years Python scripting experience (preferred)
- 2+ years Terraform experience (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Availability to be on-call afterhours for releases and triage events