CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY FOR A PRINCIPAL FRONT-END DEVELOPER in CHARLOTTE, NC PAYING $57.50-83.63/HR. THIS IS A W-2 EXEMPT POSITION.
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Top 25 U.S. digital financial services company committed to developing award-winning technology and services.
- Named one of the top three fastest-growing banking brands in the U.S. in 2020.
- Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Ability to drive change within the organization with a focus on advancement in technology and programs
- Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
- 100% remote until after October, then will transition to a hybrid schedule of 3-4 days on-site in the uptown Charlotte office and 1-2 days remote
- Contract Opportunity with solid pay and benefit eligibility - client has the option to offer a direct hire/FTE position
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT
As a Principal Front-End Developer, you will help your team on its journey to create engaging sales and marketing experiences across numerous channels. This is a role where your technical skills, ability to communicate effectively, and drive to implement the strategic vision of content managed experiences come together to enable value delivery.
- Participate with a small development team in an Agile Scrum format
- Engage with business partners, UX design and authoring teams, and content platform teams to create world-class customer experiences for the digital channel
- Collaborate with other developers on solutions and mentor junior developers
- Enforce secure coding standards through peer code reviews and automated testing
- Guide development teams to review business requirements, design documents, test plans/test cases and performance testing plans
- Develop new features, components, and unit tests for various portions of an experience
- Participate in peer code reviews, unit testing, and automation
- Effectively communicate technical solutions and recommendations to senior leaders
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS
Required Technical Skills
Preferred Technical Skills
- 5+ years of experience with browser-based technology, user interface development, responsive web design and engineering cross-browser, cross-device compliant code
- Expert level experience with HTML5 and web template engines – Markdown, Handlebars, etc.
- Expert level experience with CSS3 and CSS Preprocessors - SASS, LESS, etc.
- Expert level experience with writing high-quality, semantic, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code
- Strong working experience utilizing componentized content authoring and management platforms
- Strong working experience creating highly-performant, optimized websites
- Strong working experience consuming REST API using asynchronous methods
- Strong working experience with version control (Git/Bitbucket) and branching strategies
- Experience with 508 Compliance/Web Accessibility
- Experience with command-line utilities, build tools - Webpack, Grunt, Gulp
Behavioral & Communication Skills
- Experience with Java development
- Enterprise exposure in defect analysis and resolution
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, from team members to senior management
- Must have the ability to work in a team within an Agile operating model
- Ability to exchange constructive and respectful feedback
- Must be able to help communicate ideas and best practices to more junior developers
- Must be able to collaborate with wider groups on standards and best practices
- Enthusiasm and a desire to be part of an innovative team
- A commitment to quality, and a desire to improve