CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY FOR A DEVOPS ENGINEER in DETROIT, MI. THIS IS A W-2 EXEMPT POSITION.
AccruePartners values our contract and consulting employees. We offer a competitive benefits package to meet the diverse needs of all of our contractor and consulting employees and their family members. Here is a listing of what our company offers: 401(k) Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Medical and Prescription Drug, Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING:
- Top 25 U.S. digital financial services company committed to developing award-winning technology and services.
- Named one of the top three fastest-growing banking brands in the U.S. in 2020.
- Offers a full suite of products including mortgage lending, personal lending, and a variety of deposit and other banking products (savings, money-market, and checking accounts, certificates of deposit (CDs), and individual retirement accounts (IRAs)), self-directed and investment-advisory services, and capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
WHAT THEY OFFER YOU:
- Fast paced, highly collaborative, teamwork-oriented environment
- Make an immediate impact in this high visibility role
- Ability to drive change within the organization with a focus on advancement in technology and programs
- Top-notch leadership committed to developing people
WHY THIS ROLE IS IMPORTANT
The DevOps Engineer is the single point of contact for the build quality and stability of applications in pre-production environments. The ideal candidate should be an instinctual problem solver, passionate about continuous process improvements and embrace our values, passion, accountability, and collaboration.
THE BACKGROUND THAT FITS
- Develop SME knowledge of insurance applications/infrastructure and how they interact with each other and be able to debug application issues independently
- Partner with Agile scrum teams to develop application deployment plans.
- Plan, facilitate and co-ordinate the delivery of application builds, per deployment schedule
- Be the single point of contact for Transition management and Release management for Insurance platform
- Perform incident management - triage and assess deployment issues in pre-prod environments
- Shield development teams from engaging in triages unless a new code build is needed
- Responsible for the communication of impacts, status and target duration for resolution Job expectation
- Conduct incident root cause analysis and document results
- Maintain detailed record of patterns to identify and proactively address recurring issues
- Implement DevOps and monitoring capabilities to assist with the delivery/triage process
- BS and 7+ years in a technical role or equivalent; Prior Developer, Release Manager, or Technical Delivery experience is preferred
- Ability to work autonomously, solving complex problems in an ambiguous environment
- Knowledge of the software development process (Agile, iterative and waterfall)
- Prior experience with Agile transformation is a plus
- Superior interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to negotiate and build consensus with various stakeholder groups
- Analytical approach; strong problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal