Assistant Plant Controller in Dallas, North Carolina
COMPANY PROFILE: • Dutch based manufacturing company with a rich 45 year old history
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU: • Generous compensation package, including exceptional benefit offerings. • Commitment to employees with history of promoting from within. • Opportunity to impact the organizations growth and work directly with corporate leadership and operations.
LOCATION: • Gastonia Metro area (Dallas, NC) • Onsite work environment
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: • Full implementation of the Company’s standard cost system, which is currently in its early stages.
• Ensuring the proper allocation and recording of all actual production costs, including purchases of inventory and materials, direct and indirect labor costs, utilities, plant and equipment costs and all other direct and indirect production costs.
• Coordinate month-end closings and recording for all inventory accounts and the related inputs and outputs, to ensure correct reporting of cost of goods sold.
• Recommendations for changes, improvements, or additional procedures in the current cost system.
• Analyzing of month end results and cost variances, with the related presentation and explanation to management, including any related recommendations for greater efficiency and profitability.
• Production of management reports specifying and comparing factors affecting the profitability of products and services.
Coordinate and oversee quarterly and year-end physical inventories.
• Tracking of various KPI’s, and reporting to management.
• Overall responsibility for month end closings, working with the Company’s financial and tax advisor to timely and accurately prepare the related financial reports.
• Preparation of annual cost budgets and variance forecasting.
REQUIREMENTS & BACKGROUND PROFILE: • 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance or related field • 3 - 5 years of cost accounting experience, manufacturing environment preferred • Strong understanding of accounting principles • Experience on development and analysis of cost standards • Experience in cost accounting in a standard cost environment • Curious mindset, eagerness to grow professionally